magnepan mmgs-buy zero autoformers or stands 1st?

the mmgs sound good with my 40wpc el34 tube amp, but the bass needs tightening up. what would benefit me more, the zero autoformers or the mye stands. i'm thinking both will help immensely, but don't have the dough right now for both. thanks
cooch
Yes, I have and so have many others. If you're happy that's fine. The amp is not a good match for the speakers.
You asked for input and a few of us suggested that autoformers or stands should not be the focus. One of the nice things about advice, you can ignore it. To close, if the 40 watt tube amp is the only way you've heard the speakers....you have not heard them at their full potential. Enjoy.....
ok, we'll disagree. no prob. but do yourself a favor and listen to a consonance m100 plus sometime. then tell me it is not a good match....
I had a CJ MV50 (which is an EL34 amp at about 40 watts) with those speakers. Sure, there was bass and it sounded pretty good, but then I switched to a Mark Levinson 330 something or other which I believe was about 250 watts or so into 4 ohms. No contest. The ML took control of the speakers and made them perform at a level that the tube amp only hinted at. I then added a pair of Vandersteen subs and that really sounded great.

You can delude yourself that your amp is a OK but I would suggest taking the sage advice of those who have lived with these speakers and feed them as they wish to be fed.
Post removed