magnepan mmgs-buy zero autoformers or stands 1st?

the mmgs sound good with my 40wpc el34 tube amp, but the bass needs tightening up. what would benefit me more, the zero autoformers or the mye stands. i'm thinking both will help immensely, but don't have the dough right now for both. thanks
cooch
ok, thought that that's what this forum was for tho. to get opinions. i'm getting great bass with the el34's.. it's only on certain recording where it is boomy. i will live with that if i have to. cardas set-up is almost 6 feet from front wall- not an option. who has 6 feet from front wall? not many i would think. my decision is to let them break in and see what happens. stands are a must anyway, so i will be getting them. then see how it is. i'm just wondering if any of the naysayers have even listened to a 40 push pull el34 tube amp with the mmg's. probably not...
Post removed 
tvad thanks. i will try the alternative to cardas method as that can be done. and, i used to have a kt88 amp. i will find out if i can interchange, but i don't think so. about the recordings, you may be right. altho, on my reference system i do not get the boominess. that is what puzzles me. one thing that hasn't been addressed in this thread is break-in time. i would think that this has at least a little to do with it.
Yes, I have and so have many others. If you're happy that's fine. The amp is not a good match for the speakers.
You asked for input and a few of us suggested that autoformers or stands should not be the focus. One of the nice things about advice, you can ignore it. To close, if the 40 watt tube amp is the only way you've heard the speakers....you have not heard them at their full potential. Enjoy.....
ok, we'll disagree. no prob. but do yourself a favor and listen to a consonance m100 plus sometime. then tell me it is not a good match....