Mainstream reviews-why so few?

I have a question as to why certain products, such as the Green Mountain Audio Europa speakers, raved about on audiogon, receive so little mainstream press exposure? Maybe there are several reasons, but I am just curious. Thanks in advance for any comments.
douglasmkatz
Aktchi,
Given the personalities, listening preferences, and different equipment that side by side comparison would be worthless.

Much like the magazine reviews and opinions here.
I think Tyler advertises and promotes quite a bit - at least on Audiogon. His speakers sure are pretty, though.
You guys know perfectly what i am implying. The mags are fed by ceratin brands ad $'s and are rewarded with glowing reviews and hype. You know how it all goes around. Most of that stuff highly praised in the mags have never held up to any such claims in my experiences.
If its advertized I'm not interested. Whats the big deal here. ?
If you guys want to support "The Industry' go right ahead.Not on my expense.
80% of the audio world is hyped to varying degrees.
I'll never forget a speaker I heard recently that was ranted about here and in a mag. Starts with the letter S.
Man what a big let down. Same old sales pitches from the early 70's. .
Post removed 
there is no logical relationship between advertising and personal preference. one can have a bias against advertised products abd therefore dislike them when experiencing them.

a review or an ad should neither increase nor decrease the probability that a consumer will favor the product.

instead of being prejudiced against reviews or advertising why not just experience the product if the description meets your criteria, regardless of the opinions of a reviewer or the marketing efforts of a manufacturer.

get the facts and then decide for yourself.