Mainstream reviews-why so few?

I have a question as to why certain products, such as the Green Mountain Audio Europa speakers, raved about on audiogon, receive so little mainstream press exposure? Maybe there are several reasons, but I am just curious. Thanks in advance for any comments.
douglasmkatz
Bartokfan, This is not a hit but you don't get out much do you? I mean we realize the only 2 speakers you have owned or at least liked were Phillips based drivers, or Seas based drivers? But you drive it home in such weird ways with these posts and like end of the world attraction to this guy Ty.. I think he is actually scared of you or would be if he knew your demeanor on these forums. Its just strange man sorry.
Songwriter, Macrojack, and Bartokfan, and everybody:

Clearly, from above statements, what is needed is side by side comparison among GMA, Zu and Tyler, if it could be arranged. We can also throw in Ddedelus, Adagio, Ridge Street Sasson, etc., as they inspire equal passion in others

Sometimes, it appears to me that we have become like those we profess to despise: the mainstream rags.

Reviews and assessments here typically praise one speaker, talk a little about the designer's personal story, declare his creation to be "better than models costing 2 or 3 times as much". I don't even miss the ads; many posts read like one. Compared to mainstream rags, graphs are really the only thing missing.
Aktchi,
Given the personalities, listening preferences, and different equipment that side by side comparison would be worthless.

Much like the magazine reviews and opinions here.
I think Tyler advertises and promotes quite a bit - at least on Audiogon. His speakers sure are pretty, though.
You guys know perfectly what i am implying. The mags are fed by ceratin brands ad $'s and are rewarded with glowing reviews and hype. You know how it all goes around. Most of that stuff highly praised in the mags have never held up to any such claims in my experiences.
If its advertized I'm not interested. Whats the big deal here. ?
If you guys want to support "The Industry' go right ahead.Not on my expense.
80% of the audio world is hyped to varying degrees.
I'll never forget a speaker I heard recently that was ranted about here and in a mag. Starts with the letter S.
Man what a big let down. Same old sales pitches from the early 70's. .