Has anyone tried double CLS

I had posed this question before because I had two pair of CLS11Z speakers in a Home theatre set up that I wanted to find a way to stack.I had just been feeling a loss of music after I sold my stacked pair of esl 57, and was curious about stacking the CLS. Would the bass improve as much as it did when the Quads were stacked?The similarity between the two speakers was that each speaker was bass shy and that attempts at sub-woofing never really were sucessful even after trying the Depth.So after seeing coverage of the RMAF and of the Kimber/Soundlab set up I decided that if they could double up the Soundlabs side by side,why couldn't the CLS be run that way?I was also bolstered by the fact that when my friend Tony went from three to four panels per side the sound from his Acoustats really improved.It is a shame that Martin Logan gave up on the CLS and went the hybrid route,because all they needed to do was increase the panel size.If Mr Saunders can get his hands on a couple of pair of CLS and wires them to a good amp in series he will hear that a lot of problems with the original CLS disappear.Maybe it will even change his priorities,so that great uncompromised sound and not floor space rules.
lacee
"...it does not have the instrumental weight and timbre of a good dynamic speaker."

I have not heard a lot of the contenders but at this point the only speaker I would trade for cls is the von schwiekert vr 9se. At $70k it is not likley in this lifetime. I have neither the means nor the inclination.
With the right amplification the CLS has considerable weight and authority. It is even more so when those panels are relieved of thier duties at around 100hz. The panels however will eventually "bottom out".
Truth be told I have achieved about 80% of the CLS potential. I have said before the CLS will benefit form the best components availble today.
Lacee I am not so sure I am in agreement with you. To get louder sound you need more amplifcation which you are not getting running them in series. Neils claims about cancellation are valid. If you position them to avoid cancellation then you run into phase problems. Having two pair of CLS in my room is an extremley attractive proposition for me. Just not sure it makes sense.
To quote from issue 67 of TAS"a pair of(Classe) DR 8's sends 350 watts into 8 ohms,and 525 into 4 ohms"So I think my Classe DR 8's run in balanced mono are quite up to the task of driving my CLS even as a single run. Now when the amp sees the series set up the power output would drop some, but the increased wave launch from the extra panels makes watts a moote point and the amp sees an even more friendly speaker impedence.Forget the Speltz auto formers,not needed.I hate to beat this thing to death but I am the guy who lived with these without the sub, then with the Depth and now doubled up pair.The difference is amazing and the 80% acceptance factor goes up another 10% at least.The only time this makes sense is when you do it. Then you will insert your foot in your nether regions for not doing this before,and for trying all the "audiophile approved"expensive fixes.I am stating, you will never get a cone sub to mate with a stat.The closest the Quad 63 got was the Gradient dipole and it was not perfection.The Depth is a good sub ,I have one remember,but it is not a panacea for this or any other stat.Stats need planar bass panels to keep the music coherent.This is much more serious yet it appears not to mater to the naysayers here,who have not tried or heard a double pair,and have had little exposure to very many stats as is evident from the threads.There are NO Cancellation or Phase problems!The speakers disappear,it is a seamless integration,coherent,more music occupies the room, yet they aren't louder.More bass is present- not louder, deeper,out of phase,added on bass, but the true panel bass of a single CLS is increased. There is the same bass sound, but more of the room is filled by it so you don't notice that the speaker is bass shy.I have run out of ways to explain the benefits of a double CLS set up,and if I were wealthy enough I would fly the doubters here for a listen, because you have to hear the improvement for yourselves.