Mid sized room -Full range vs Monitor

I will be moving into a new audio room in the near future. It measures 14'W x 18'L x 8.5'H and will be a dedicated room with moderate acoustic treatment. Three walls are ICF concrete (insulated concrete forms - concrete with 2" foam covered by sheetrock) and the rear wall is standard 2"x6" construction. Is the space sufficient to support the low frequency of a full range speaker such as the Revel Salon? Should I consider a monitor or a smaller speaker with a sub to increase placement flexibility? I am concerned about overloading the room and ending up with boomy bass. I am upgrading my current system (mid fi) so options are open. Thanks for your input.
128x128ryan1fs
There also is many floorstanding speakers with smaller drivers, that can give you that adaquete bass, without overloading the room. I found sticking with a small tower with 2 6 1/2 drivers and FRONT ported, is a nice compromise. If I use monitors, I however like to run my speakers full, and augment them with a sub. I find something missing if I filter the lows out.
Post removed 
Appreciate the input. I am leaning towards a monitor and sub, but I'm drawn to the aesthetics of a floorstander. Experimentation is likely the best solution. Cheers!
i my listening room is very close to the dimensions of your room, although my ceiling height is about 1 foot less.

i have had success with panel speakers. i have never experienced peaks below 80 hz.

consider a panel, if that is your preference, you probably will not experience boomy bass.