Best subwoofer for a Wilson Puppy

I have now a Puppy 6 and am planning to upgrade to the Wilson puppy 7 + a subwoofer or the Wilson Maxx. But since my room is not to big and I can not finance the Maxx 2 yet I am thinking about buying the WP7 + a good subwoofer.

My slection so far:
1. Wilson Watch Dog
2. Velodyne DD18
3. Revel B15

Which subwoofer will be the best. I know the Wilson will fit the best but it is like 16000 US$ whicle the revel is 5000 US$ and the velodyne 4500 US$. The Velodyne sounds like a good buy but will it work with a Wilson speaker. Will it not be to slow for 2 channel.

I do not play movies and am only interested in a subwoofer for music. Which will be the best choise and who has experience with a good sub for a Watt / Puppy.

Peter
sprbggr
I just talked to velodyne and they said that the software was changed and that now 40 Hz is the lowest crossover frequency.

Wayne
That's not an acceptable answer from the manufacturer, particularly for a product in production as long as the DD series. It should be a simple matter for Velodyne to give you FTP access to V2.0 software. Alternatively you could use digital EQ to tamp it down. If neither of these approaches works, chuck it.
if people are not considering the JL Audio f113, then they are missing the boat completely.

Is there a better powered sub? People who have owned some of the above mentioned subs now own a f113, what does that tell you?
i have a pair of JL Audio f113 Fathom subwoofers arriving this coming week. my original intent was for the LFE channel of the multi-channel i have added to my 2-channel room (no video....just hi-rez multi-channel). i am now planning on trying to integrate these 2 subs into my 2-channel playback too.....even though my 2-channel speakers, the Evolution Acoustics MM3's, are said to extend to -3db at 10hz. my opinion is that placement for regular speakers; however low they might go; is rarely ideal for deep bass; and adding a mono sub for each channel may work.....we will see.

in any case; i have heard the f113.....and it really does set a new standard for subwoofer performance.....in terms of speed and effortlessness. it's also relatively inexpensive compared to other top subwoofer competition. it is very adjustable and comes with it's own room optimization program and microphone. it also provides for automatic set-up of a 2-sub arraingement.

very important to me is that the Fathom is a sealed box. i have come to find out that ported subs or even ported speakers simply miss an important level of bass articulation.

if you have not looked into the Fathom; or better yet find a local dealer and go listen.....it would be a mistake.