Looking to Upgrade and enter Hi-Fi world

OK, so last time I bought speakers about 5 years ago, I thought I was spending a lot of money when buying Klipsch speakers SF1 at $400.00 a piece. The set-up of my room has changed and I can no longer host four towers. Well I visited Sound Advice and guess what I think I am hooked on the Electra Be Floorstands. The problem is that they are way out of my budget of about 3K for the set. Already stretched up from the 2K I originally thought I would spend. I know I will spend some additional money on speaker wire and AMP upgrades I hope to time those alog with completing the system with a center, sub and rears.

Is it realistic to think that I could find a pair of used Electra Be's for that budget? I currently have a Yamaha 100W per channel Receiver, what would be the next step upgrade the receiver or add an AMP or two mono AMPS. I am charting unfamiliar territory here. I hope to make some solid steps toward a system that can be built to enjoy for music, mostly Rock and Instrumental. DVD Concerts and maybe 15% movies.

My room, the set-up is narrow about 10 feet and a little long 24 Feet. The listening position must be at about 8 feet. I had to add a desk where my floor stands once stood.

Thanks
fernandoea
If you are interested in using a 2 channel/HT combo system then you cannot do better than Meridian for your pre/processor. My evolution included:
1.B&K ref 30 and 50
2.Outlaw 1050, I think.
3.Sunfire pre
4.Meridian 561
5.Meridian 568

I have since separated my systems, but the meridian mated with a MAC amp was stellar. It was bettered by the Meridian with a Cary amp. I also used it with a rotel amp and it was quite good. My advice is spend some money on your front so THEN you can really benefit from good speakers. Great speakers with your current amp would be like driving a ferrari on 85 octace. To appreciate a fine machine you need to feed it right. For quality budget amps for combo systems, look into rotel and outlaw. Great deals can be had on the now defunct Proceed amps. The best advice I can give is spend what you can in your budget, because once you start this path, you upgrade and can spend a forutne. Do it right first if possible and be contented. My 2 cents.
If you are looking to stay under $2K for 2 channel speakers suggest trying Paradigm Studio 60s (floorstanders) - they list for $1600 and are B class rated in the rags. Would still upgrade some of your other stuff but you wouldn't be disappointed with these
Follow-up on my Paradigm comment - have used 3 different intergrateds with the Studio 60s and all meshed fine - Consonance B2000X , Portal Panache - both of these are 100Wpc - Quest for Sound carries Consonance and you can pick up a demo Portal Panache via Joe Abrams (advertises on Audiogon , but also can be reached from portalaudio web site) - mine is a demo, and NAD C370 (there are newer models) but if you are starting out NAD is a good bang for the bucket choice, personally think it;s better than Rotel.
Agree, NAD is good sound, but I've heard rumors of quality control problems of late.
Drmoles, I surely would like to audition the System Audio speakers although the Electra's have provided me with an experience ulinke I ever had. Whe I listened to them is as if they are not even there. The music was coming from an incredibly well formatted stage. It was not in my face fot about a foot separation yet it filled the room. I auditioned other speakers in the same rooms and not even close. Anyways, how do you find a dealer for these speakers? Their website does not have a dealer finder.