What's the greatest bargain in SET these days?

Hi, Gang,
I response to my recent review of the Reference 3A De Capo BE speaker, someone wrote that if you really want to hear them sing, you should try them with a SET amp, or words to that effect.
That got me thinking. The De Capo's are 92 db efficient, which (correct me if I'm wrong) seems kind of borderline for low-power SET amps.
In any event, right now I'm running mine with a pair of Manley Mahi mono-blocks. They are switchable from triode (20 watts) to "ultra linear" (40 watts). I run them in triode all the time, and in my room, the volume knob almost never goes past 9 o'clock; more would just be too loud.
All that said, what do you guys think of running the De Capo's with a SET amp? And if I did, what's the best bargain in SET's these days?
Thanks!
rebbi
I really love this Dynamo amp. The RFT Siemens EL34s from Brent Jesse are breaking in as I am writing this piece. Playing is Louis Armstrong/Duke Ellington, "The Great Summit/The Master Takes". The stage is ginormous as in really big, wall-to-wall, 14 feet across plus another 4 feet of small hall entry/exit. I'm not getting any work done. Truly great height, width, depth. The RFT's are a bit richer, bass more powerful, than the Shuguang that came stock with the amp, which has a little more air and space; but remember, the RFT Siemens is breaking in, only about 10 hours on them. In either case the tone, saturated colors are wonderful, so natural, organic, as the music flows forth. Piano is exceptional. Great timing, pitch, PRaT, it has it. Louis is right there big as life. As a bass player myself, I'm loving the Bass, tapping my toes, no one note, hard or hollow bass. It recreates the tuning/tone of the player. Great Gatsby, this is sweet, so live, and dynamic.

Mapman, my brother has a Sophia Baby among Leben and Harbeth. If you want to compare the Dynamo you’re going to have to move up to the Sophia 91-03. I know it sounds crazy, but that is what I hear. In fact, I'm going to sell my Cary V12, Cary SL98, perhaps Primaluna Dialogue One, push my chips to the center of the table, pick-up another Dynamo, as well as the Coincident Franks/101 tube pre and be done with it.

This little guy costs 1,300. No preamp necessary. It is the greatest bargain in audio to these ears. I don't make this type of statement easily, if ever.

My brother and I are putting together another shoot-out fest with some mutual audiophile buddies. Hopefully soon after Halloween. I'll report on the Sophia, but I already know it's an also ran.
Mikirob,
The better the audio components, the more you emphasize music listening vs check Iist of sonic boxes to mark. Yes you do notice them but they are overshadowed by the music involvement factor. The Armstrong-Ellington recording hasn't changed, your better amplifier is just able to convey more of the musical signal intact. Your excellent results aren't a surprise.
Charles,
Charles, yes, I know, so true. The Cary V12 is a nice amp, as is the Primaluna Dialogue One. Yet there is just something very special about Mr. Blume's design and implementation that has grabbed me. It doesn't matter what genre of music you throw at the Dynamo, it plays it with aplomb. For days now I have given it large complex classical, smaller less complex classical, chamber, chants, ancient music, modern music, all types on Rock, Jazz, small combo' stuff, big band, female vocal, male vocal, electronic and accoustic, live...it does it all...a SET that can rock! Or, can sort out big orchestral pieces without breaking a sweat. Can't wait to hear the Franks.
Mikirob,
Agree with the welcome mat being out for all music genres. The Frankenstein and honestly any good quality SET plays it all, and the lesser SETs will falter. This is true for all topologies, certainly not every solid state amplifier is universally accomplished reproducing all music genres successfully. Complex or dense music isn't an obstacle for the Frankenstein. Bill who listens to more of this type of music than I do would I'm sure concur. Just match this group of low power amplifiers with a suitable speaker and you're all set. Mikirob has confirmed that with his very joyful reporting here of his listening sessions. These amplifiers bring the music alive.
Charles,