Experience Loading Speakers w/ sand or shot

Totem says it's permissible to load their
speaker cabinets with sand, or lead shot, among other things, the goal being bass that is more taut.
Has anyone done this with Totem speakers (ie the Forest?)
128x128golfrok
I did so with Totem Sttafs. I think it's important to note that Totem's provision for loading is different than Von Schweikert's. Loading in Totem's is strictly for purpose of lowering the center of gravity, whereas VS's is for resonance control. I sent an inquiry about mass loading to Totem when I bought my Sttafs. You may want to do the same for the Forests, but I assume the response will be largely the same. They told me that the Speakers are tuned and optimized with no loading present. They recommend 5-10 lbs of loading only. I used lead shot, which IMO is much beter than sand. I've used sand in speaker stands and it can be a little messy, and I just have something against putting "dirt" in my expensive new speakers ;-)
use anything but lead..dont risk the dust or contact(our skin absord the toxins) with you or your family.
Lead dust? Oh, let's not get carried away. Lead shot is perfectly safe unless you eat the stuff or get shot by some. Just wash your hands after handling it.
Better yet, you should try the micro-bearings from Star Sound instead of sand or lead. They're quite expensive though but worth the cost.
the toxins that enter the air from lead shot are just as toxic as those from paint containing lead. ask any MD