Open Baffle Speakers

My friend sent me an email re: this design and it certainly sounds interesting.
Does anyone have any experience with this design?
Strenghths and weakness?
Can they do bass?
In general, how do they work?
Thanks!
greh
Want a serious open baffle,then consider the Crevasse speakers from Finland.1metre ribbon with 2 10" woofer in an open baffle.
I used my Lowthers based on a kinda Bazzilla design, though I changed everything, I made about 6 different boards for my Lowthers the last one went down to 100hz, I used the Altec woofers from there on to whatever..30hz maybe? Supertweeters, subwoofers, biamped, triamped I used passive line level Xover, passive (speaker level) Xovers, I used EQ for the Bass...I tried Fostex, Saba green cones, Vintage Telefunkens, Oval Telefunken (recommended) etc.... Never had sooo much fun, I strongly recommend them, the only little detail I found was the soundstage thing...
Then I heard different speakers with a whole new bag of worms and things I could never get with my OB, I still miss some things from my OB, but I think I am getting better results now, I dont get that natural balanced sound, but I get better detail now and better soundstage...I am working to make it sound more "Natural" like my old OB...
Its all a trip, you decide where to go and there is no best place, is Prague better than Cancun?
(I would stay away from Beirut and Haifa for the moment though)
You could probably find some alons/nolas to listen to if you're interested... mine have really natural midrange.
Greh:

There is a lot of interesting discussion going on at the Audio Circle, REDwineaudio, Decware, and Omega Speakers site re: your very same question-open baffle speakers. That type of speaker design and a new product from Red Wine Audio made for some interesting commentary and wound up with a review at 6moons.com that was positively gushing. Your answer may lie there. It certainly piqued my interest.

Nonoise
Thanks to all for your responses.
Sean, good to see you posting again, just like "back in the day."
Nonoise, I was recently directed torward the 6 moons review.
I'll be ready for new spkrs. in about 4 months and though OB spkrs. were never on my short list, they are now!
I at least gotta audition them.
I heard that some have the characteristics of a Quad.
Should be interesting.
Thanks again.