Amp Upgrade for Aerial 10t's

I've got a pair of Aerial 10t's driven with a MacIntosh-7106 amplifier. The amps 6 channels are bridged to 3 at 200 watts each (third is for Aerial Center Channel). I'm looking for recommendations for upgrading the amp. My thought is to use the 7106 on the center still and get something new to drive the 10t's.

Two amps on my research list are the Plinius SA-250 and the BAT VK-500.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

-Mike
mfishhead
Dan Thanks
I agree,what I was trying to say is that although not optimal one can still get by with a smaller amp on the 10T's.
Now Holennecks's Krell is a very nice amp and I am sure it does a fine job pushing the 10t's.What I will do is use my Zeus on the bottom and the M150's on the top.According to Mark'o'brian @Rogue the Zeus will drive anything out there by it self.When told him about bi-amping with the M150's he caaled me "nuts".Anyway if not satisfied with the above solution I still got my mint ML27.5 to drive them with in fact I got my eyes open for a second one in a 9/10 condition with the intention to bi-amp the 27.5
All the best and enjoy the hobby.
George
Thanks for all your input. It just goes to show how many good alternatives there are out there.

A couple of amps I see often on Agon that look worth pursuing include the Classe' CAM-200 mono blocks, the Plinius SA-250, the Krell KSA-250, and possibly the Jeff Rowland Model 201's.

The CAM-200's look like the best bang for the buck, but I don't want to get the upgrade bug after 6 months of using them.

Your opinions are appreciated.

Thanks again,

-Mike

PS Does the upgrade bug ever go away? I always say I'll be satisfied after this last purchase - but a couple days on Agon and I'm at it again!
Hi George,

Up til this last week I was running my 10t's with a pair of rogue M150's and a classe CA 301 on the bottom. This classe puts out gobs of amps, but is perhaps not the ultimate in control. These worked very well as the gains of the rogues are perhaps just slightly higher than that SS amp. I would image the M150's and Zeus would be a terrific match.

I would bet Holenneck's Krell would be very sweet on the mids and highs with another amp on the LF. It really is amazing how the additional power just opens the soundstage that much more. The depth goes on forever and air around the instruments is much better.

Mfishhead, I've had to go to stupidly priced speakers to unseat the 10t's. But I'm also going in a different direction, higher efficiency and lower power.

Best of luck,

Dan
Mike,

I've used Bryston 7bST monos with my 10T's for about three years. Great range and tight base. Good luck.