WILSON AUDIO/ cost vs. value

wilson ad; absolute sound;issue 162. page 12.... dave wilson states in his ad that wilson loudspeakers have one of the [ lowest ] profit margins in the industry. My question is should wilson make public their profit margin percentage's to back up their claims or is this more hyperbole from a high-end audio manufacturer...
aolmrd1241
HA! HA, I say! (imagine that being said in the best Brando Streetcar impersonation.)
My answer to your question is no, they should not, just as your personal finances are none of a seller's business when you're trying to buy something. And I have no reason to think that this is hyperbole. If you choose to not believe it, then don't buy their products. I'm not the absolute biggest fan of their products (though I respect them), but all the Wilson bashing threads I've been seeing just strike me as sour grapes.
I am not sure you should expect a private company to publish their books.

However, the fact this is being discussed suggests that this add has provoked the desired response.....it made someone stop and think....better still it made a few people discuss it!

Better still, I suspect this ad may trigger some praise of Wilson on a discussion thread.

BTW, Dave Wilson makes really great speakers, which are very good value!
come on! You believe David Wilson's rap. His whole ad campaign has him sitting on the king's throne tuning his crossovers. I must say they have a very effective adverstising strategy, but it don't fly with me. Also, I don't paticulary like the Wilson sound. I don't take any ad that seriously except on its' creative/artistic merits. Wilson ads are ho hum at best, but I'm sure they appeal to oodles. They must. They are keeping Sterophile afloat and he ain't hurting for business....