What happens when the Wife cleans the audio room

Well ladies and gentlmen,

I sat down last night after work to enjoy some music. To my suprise the sound stage was left of center on the first track I listened to so I tried another track same thing. I looked things over and noticed my left speaker had been moved. No big deal I will just move it back. Not. I got the sound stage centered again with a loss in bass :(.

Now mind you the speaker had not been moved more than an inch. Yes it made a profound difference.

The moral of this story is clean your audio rooms yourselves and then the only person you can blame when something goes wrong is yourself.

I am not looking forward to the hours I will now have to spend to get the speaker positioned correctly again. Toe in here, toe in there, 1/4" here, 1/4" there.

Have a good day.

Michael
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xartizen65
Last year our cleaning person moved my speakers and damaged the midrange and woofer on one of them. I've replaced the mid (for $165) but the woofer is out of production and I still haven't been able to find a replacement. In the meantime, it's being used for rear-surround duties. So.....I now clean the audio/HT room!
Being as nobody will go near my stuff anyway I don't have to worry about it. That's the way I like it. It's much more relaxing to not have to worry about someone else doing damage like spraying something onto components or moving/disconnecting anything. I'd be furious if any damage resulted from stupidity.
Well it has been over a year now. Our house keeper has retired so the wife cleans the house now, except for around the speakers and audio equipment that is my job. Guess I deserve it. Not once, have the speakers been moved. Except for the recent front of the house remodel when I had to clear out the audio/family room to put all the furniture from the front of the house in the back of the house. Everything is back in place and working properly now.

But here is the kicker my wife wants a new COUCH to replace the love seat in the listening/family room. I am scared to death of what will happen. That means spreading the rear speakers which is no big deal unless the unthinkable happens localization in the front L/R speakers when listening in 2ch. I had to move the rear speakers when the system was set up on the short wall for that exact reason. Ok enough whining.

Hope everyone has a good day.