Pick your poison...2-channel or multi?

This post is just to get a general ideas among audiophiles and audio enthusiasts; to see who really likes what. Here's the catch!

If you were restricted to a budget of $10,000, and wanted to assemble a system, from start to finish, which format would you choose, 2 channel or mulichannel?

I'll go first and say multichannel. I've has to opportunity to hear a multichannel setup done right and can't see myself going back to 2-channel. I'm even taking my system posting down and will repost it as a multichannel system.

So...pick your poison! Which one will it be, 2-channel or multichannel.
cdwallace
Madhf...thanks for the post. Glad to see someone who enjoyed MC from its infant stages until now. If you loved MC then, I can only amagine how much you're enjoying MC of today. Technology can be a wonderful thing. Viva MC!!!
I recently went back to 2 channel. I had a nice music only MCH setup and enjoyed it a lot. The only problem was the dirth of MCH SACDs and DVD-Audios.
New releases are almost gone now and the selection was never very good to begin with. I've upgraded my DAC to where digital sounds almost as good as my vinyl. SACD and DVD-A in stereo is fine. There's actually much more new vinyl available than new Hi-Rez digital. My HT is surround, but not my stereo room now.
Thanks for the post ThomJohn...did you do much listening of 2ch CD's in surround? How did you like it?
Cdwallace writes:
did you do much listening of 2ch CD's in surround? How did you like it?
How do you get surround sound from 2 channels. By synthesis?

Regards,
Don't have the time to bring you up to speed of its origin and how it works, but its a little known secret called processing! Basic knowledge of such is assumed and should be acquired prior to engaging in even the most casual conversations regarding MC and 2CH.

I'm sure there are plenty books and write ups for your reading pleasure available on both the internet and in your local bookstore.

Not sure where you were headed or implying with the question, but here is the civilized answer.

Any futher questions, Metralla?