Comparison between Thiel 3.6 and 2.4

Has anyone heard both of these speakers? What are the sonic profiles of each? Which do you prefer? I have Thiel 2 2 and thinking about upgrading. System is: Ayre V5xe amp; PSE pre-amp; Arcam FJM 23 CD; Transparent Super cabling.
coyolxauhqui
Ive had two pairs of 3.6 and a pair of 2.4 -Both models are absolutely excellent and are a great buy used...The 3.6 is about 1200$ cheaper used but will go much deeper in bass performance and overall soundstage, thus making it a better buy (MHO) Thiel kept the 3.6 on their lineup for 10 years, for a reason- It was priced higher than the 2.4, even in its final year of production -If you want a step up from the 2.2, then give the 3.6 a try -Im sure you'll be impressed - My speaker evolution since 1994 -Thiel 3.6 (cherry, bought new) 1999 Legacy Focus (Oak-new) 2004 Thiel 2.4 Birdseye maple-(used) 2005 Von Schweikert VR4JR maple (used) and back to the Thiel 3.6 Amberwood (used) The 3.6 brought back a lot of happy memories and I had forgotten how accurate they are - I really enjoy listening to music now , without having to worry about all the latest, greatest speaker hype...They are a steal between 1500 and 1750$ used!
I am currently using the 3.6s, which are probably the best used speaker deal going these days. Ok, well maybe not THE best, but you know what I mean. One thing with the 3.6s is the demands the make on an amp. I think your Ayre should be OK, especially if your room is small to medium.