Speaker Upgrade Question Quad 22L

I have a pair of Quad 22L's. These are vertically bi amped with PS Audio HCA-2's, GCP 200 pre and a Cairn Fog w/upsampling. I think the Quads might be the weak link in the system. I am thinking of replacing the Quads with Von Schweikert VR-2's, Meadowlark Osprey's or Monitor Audio GR60's (all used) I have heard the VR-2's and they are nice but I have not heard the others. Any opinions or suggestions?
128x128orelayer
Orelayer - you have a 15 x 25' room, and you can't get the speakers more than a foot from the back wall? what gives? Pull them out into the room
I would love to be able to pull the speakers out. I am dealing with 2 sofas along the walls a pool table, a fireplace and a wet bar. On one end of the room is a sliding glass door to a patio. Unfortunately, I have to build the system around the room not room around the system. I am going to try putting foam in the port this weekend. Thanks for all the replies!
like i said...try a single amp first. the 11,12 and 22 require very little power, even in a big room.
Filling the ports with foam helped but it also seemed to diminish everything making the speaker sound slightly dull and unexciting. I tried the single amp idea that also helped but by doing so I also noticed less seperation and a diminished sound stage. I can live with that but the bi amping really seemed to bring the system alive except of course for the bass. I guess with my "way" less than perfect room it will always be a give and take situation.Any other suggestions out there?