Best 3 options for SET amps

Hi - I am in the process of building a second system based on SET (I already bought the first piece - Audio Note P4 300B mono amps) and wondering which spkrs should I consider for a medium sized room for Jazz/Pop/rock listening.

I have crafted this list, that is open for your recommendations:

1.- Coincident Victory
2.- Royal Master 3A
3.- Cabasse line

Thanks for sharing your comments.

Fernando
128x128flg2001
I had great success using the Merlin VSM with the Cary 300B monos. The numbers don't indicate just how good this combo sounds, provided you don't listen to organ music (as per your post) and don't need huge volume levels. The deCapo also works well, but it's not in the same league as the VSM and the above caveats are even more applicable. Finally, the Zingali horns work well, very dynamic, reasonably full range, greater volume capability, though a bit less neutral than either of the above.

Happy hunting.

Marty
I use Zu Druids with an Onix SP-3 tube integrated. Plays loud, very musical, fast, transparent and nothing I have ever heard energizes a room in quite the same way. Bass to 35Hz with character and weight you could never imagine by looking at them. The Onix is listed at 38 watts per channel and is built like something 10 times the price. If you visit www.6moons.com you will see that both products were chosen for their Blue Moon Awards. If you want more info just ask. The price of this stuff will leave you with some extra cash.
Thanks for the extra info Gliderguider,

I've only listened to the Abbeys once for ~4 hours at a dealer's home, so being unfamiliar with his system and room only allowed me to get a general gist of the Abbeys potential. But, I didn't readily hear what you describe.

Of course, I was totally unfamiliar territory, so small details would have been to completely lost to me.

I think $1,500 is a pretty tough price point to get everything right for efficient speakers (including cabinetry). It will invariably involve one tradeoff or another.

Your Lamhorn experience is surprising, but the same thing happened with the Abbeys and PX-25. You just never know with this high-eff sngle-driver thing.

BTW, your system is straigh-up amazing, Congrats. I'm dying to hear the new Tom Evans stuff, supposed to be out of this world.
Guys - an update:

I decided to sell the AN and stick to my current system. Space conditions and other short term expenses forced me to change route.

Just for fun - I connected the P4s to my main rig, .. there were some material that was reproduced in a magical way - but many other (the one I listen the most like Jazz, Pop and folk ensambles) lacked of life and impact.

This was previsible since the Avalons are very hard to drive, but it was an interesting experiment for me and my audio-friends.

Thanks for your suggestions - it enlightened me on the understanding of the SET route.

Regards

Fernando