single driver with bass...????

AuGoNeRs,
since I am now happy and feel complete with my reference system with the avantgarde Uno.Currently I am toying around with single driver system to see what the fuss is all about.My first single driver is the Omega Grande 6 that stereophile and a few other reviewers was raving about.I was so disappointed with the bottom end when listening to jazz..is this all the bass that single driver can put out?How can i improve the bottom end? the rest of my system are cd+dac with the supratek pre-amp and i ve tried it with welborne 300B mono,monarchy sm70 pro,dynakit and my wavac amplifier...please advice.thanks
ttrhp
I have Phy KM 30 SAG's in an open baffle that go down to 40Hz before any roll-off. I supplement with a Velodyne DD12 below that.
Cdc: The monarchy is a great little amp for the money.It run a little hot,but still alot cooler compare to tubes.you can get one on the used market for under $400.. thanks guy for all the imfo on single driver.I think i am going to try the fostex 200A driver.
Ttrhp,
IMHO.. the F200A is a move in the right direction. Don't bother hooking up flea powered amplifiers to them. You need a good 40 or 50 wpc or more to wake up the big alnico drivers. You will give up efficiency but gain better bass and dynamics. They are great for nearfield listening, where head banging SPLs aren't needed. They also do classical very well if that's important to you. I also agree with you on the Monarchy SM70..it is one sweet little amplifier!

Good Luck!
Check out the JLM/2 from Carolina Audio. Not sure how they'll do with your amps, but I've heard them with some <30wpc amps and was really impressed with their bass response...