Vandersteen Question

How big of a difference is there between the 2ce & the 2ce Signature? I've got 2ce's now and was wondering if it was worth the step up. Vandersteen does not upgrade the 2 series, so I'd have to buy a pair of the Sigs.
ecruz
Having owned several versions of the 2C series, and then upgrading to 3A's and then 3A Sig's, I didn't find that the upgrade from 2Ce to 2Ce Signature yielded much improvement. If you are looking for a real upgrade, make the jump to the 3A's (and at some point have them upgraded to the Signature version).
The 2Ce Signature is a step up from the 2Ce (especially if is an older 2Ce that used the 3/4" tweeter instead of the 1" model) It is more open through the mids.
I agree with Scott that the step up to the 3A Signature is a pretty big jump from the 2Ce or the 2Ce Sig.)
The footprint of the 3A Sig is about the same as the 2Ce. It is about 10" taller. I feel that if the 2Ce worked in your room then the 3A Sig will also. However, the 3A Sig is more revealing of sources and electronics. Make sure you're in good shape there. Otherwise, you may not hear the real differences.
The Signature upgrade is pretty darn significant providing greater transparency and increased response top to bottom. I don't agree that "the don't yield much improvement". I do agree the 3A Signature is substantially better.