Do I want a sub with VR-4jr's?

Hi everyone
I have a set of Von schweikert vr4jrs, powered by a sim audio processor and bel canto amps. I love the sound. I am using them for 85% music and 15% Home theatre. I am thinking about getting a sub to round out the extreme bottom end, but I am left thinking that due to the excellent low end extension of the jr's that I may not realise much benefit. If I do buy a sub I have no problem getting good quality...be it Rel, MJ or whatever.
Any recommendations? What subs do you think would work well for *seamless* integration with music and maybe help HT use?
My musical preferance is ANYTHING but country.
Cheers
S
superfly676
I would check out a Rel Storm III, or Bagend sub. They are the easier ones to integrate IMHO. Personally, I haven't had luck making a sub work where I didn't notice there was a seperate sub attached. Great for movies though.

Have you tried moving the VR4jr's closer to the wall?
I have Aerial 9's -- rated to 29hz and I have a REL sub set at about 28hz. I mostly leave it off but once in a while when listening to music (especially at low volumes, but also during rowdier moments) and always during films, I like it a lot.
I have the 4JRS and a VRS-1 Sub that I only use in HT (works great). In 2 channel, I believe that bass reproduction is a function of amplification, placement, and the source material. I have a tube amp and the 4JRs kick very nice bass out with a lot of music but not all. IMO, the speakers can bring the bass, but will not overemphasize it at all in material where it is somewhat weak. Make sure to use lead shot and follow the advice in the manual about bass tuning.
The speakers are close tothe side walls and the room is medium small. Whehn I say " I am missing the very bottom of the audible range" I mean very low. The dpeakers are great, but their is roll off down low. They just lack the tight punch that a good sub could bring......I think. Just a small sharpening of the leading edge of a bass drum. The overall sense of weight or feel of an orchestra.....
I will post once I have a sub. I think that it should work well. I am sort of leaning toward the velodyne dd15. I like the idea of seeing the freq response, then listening, and tweaking that way.
Thanks
for all your help
S