Do I want a sub with VR-4jr's?

Hi everyone
I have a set of Von schweikert vr4jrs, powered by a sim audio processor and bel canto amps. I love the sound. I am using them for 85% music and 15% Home theatre. I am thinking about getting a sub to round out the extreme bottom end, but I am left thinking that due to the excellent low end extension of the jr's that I may not realise much benefit. If I do buy a sub I have no problem getting good quality...be it Rel, MJ or whatever.
Any recommendations? What subs do you think would work well for *seamless* integration with music and maybe help HT use?
My musical preferance is ANYTHING but country.
Cheers
S
superfly676
A REL or other high quality dedicated sub will give highly accurate extreme LF bass. This is useful in the 20 to 50 Hz range if you have monitor type speakers (designed for very low bass distortion and consequently limited in bass LF extension).

I can only suspect that your speakers neither need a sub and nor would they be easy to set up with a sub; they would share energy in the same frequency range making a match difficult.
Yes, you do want it. I have been using Velodyne DD-15 with my VR-4jr's and the sub addition made a very significant difference for 2-ch music, and even more significant for HT.
Velodyne DD series is very easy to integrate with any speakers b.c of it digital equal. capacity.
Regards.