B&W 802D vs. Sophia and

Interested in members views of the 802D vs. the Sophia and other speakers in comparable price range. Thanks.

Steve
stevevincci
I heard the sophias years ago and was impressed. But Ive heard the diamonds recently and was amazed at the soundstaging and disappearing act. But I cant afford either so Im sticking with my current system. B&W matrix802s3( Im a diehard B&W fan) use the center Matrix HTM and 601 for the rear. Big Ol' Classe DR 25 for stereo. Happy Listening!!
Budt - I think there is no such a thing as "Wilson sound". Not anymore at least. The Sophias sound superbly natural and balanced, which was not always the case with the older designs. Personally, I hated the older Wilson products - WP 3/2, 5.1, 6 and even 7. They made my ears bleed. That was why, at the time, I much prefered, and bought the Avalons Eidolon. But Sophia II is a totally different story. This is, to my ears, the best Wilson speaker to date.
Budt,
I've owned the CUB2 and WATCH Surround Speakers, prior to the Sophia. The CUB2 were excellent Speakers, with beautiful imaging and vocals, and tight punchy bass. A great deal on the used market.