primaluna gear, avalon eidolon speakers, cardas

I just purchase some primaluna diologue 7 mono amps and their best preamp. I have some Avalon Eidolon Vision speakers to go with all this. I also have all Cardas Golden Reference interconnects and speaker cable. I don't have it all hooked up yet. Any one have an opinion on this set up.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xwoodworker
I agree with Reprince and Roxy54 regarding this thread.

Vicdamone: I looked up your bikes up and they certainly seem to be ones that will give you some great rides. I wish you many safe miles.

I've been riding since the late 70's and have stayed with steel. These are the bikes I still have:

1980 Team Raleigh with Campy Super Record (Reynolds 531 tubing)

Circa 1993 Schwinn Waterford Paramount with Campy C-Record (True Temper OS tubing)

Circa 2008 Waterford SR22 with Campy Super Record 11 speed groupo (Reynolds 853 tubing)

Mountain bikes:
Circa 1992 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp with Simano Deore XT (Tange Prestige tubing)

2011 Specialized Epic Comp with a combination of XT and XTR componenents (M5 tubing)

Since I ride the mountain bikes on old railway right of way trails (cross country riding rather than technical trails) I use the same length crank arms on them as my on the road bikes.

Only problem is that I don't ride as much as I should!

Cheers,

John
Hey Bol1972 - you said you knew Avalon's - as I asked before, would you add a REL or Jl Audio sub to a pair of Ascendents ?????
Reyn, yes, my Raleigh was 531 butted tubing with a longish wheelbase, very comfy. It was a great relief and a good training tool during the two aluminium road bike ass hatchets which were very short lived.

The Calfee is tube and joint carbon and incredibly lively unlike many of todays wooden feeling laid up carbon race bikes. I'm getting older and my tires seem to be getting wider.
In the past I sold Rel subwoofer like Stadium with Avalon loudspeakers. These days there are different standards. Rel make still fine subwoofers, but they are not the fastest in response.

I would choose blind for a sealed subwoofer. I also prefer units in front of the subwoofer.
Hi

I recommend Martin Logan Depth sub-woofer to be used with Avalon speakers. I use this subwoofer with Avalon Avatar. It can be integrated with Avalon seamlessly. Because this subwoofer has 25hz volume pot to fine tune to solve room node problem. However you must use interconnect cable in same quality level as your interconnect cable of main amp.

And I do not agree with Bo about Avalon speakers cannot provide palpable image focus inside between two speakers. The set up of speakers location and very little toe in is very important to get it. And I use all MIT interconnect cable and speaker cable (oracle series).