ces 2016

Does anyone know what hotel the high end will be located in, for the Vegas CES this January?
Thanks in advance,
Dewmonster
128x128dewmonster
I was at "T.H.E Show" every year at Flamingo except last year with their message.
"T.H.E. Show at the Flamingo is taking the year off" Sorry, no more high end.

The new audio product manufacture always been at Venetian Hotel. I understand CES 4 days event has been cut back to 3 days?
"The new audio product manufacture always been at Venetian Hotel."

Not always. I can tell you for sure that it used to be at the Mirage. I think the Sahara as well.
Way back when I started in this Business, 1992, the High End Audio Exhibit was in the Bi-level at the Sahara, which at that time was a run down place. There was a group of "outsiders" comprising of among others Audio Research and Theta that had an exhibit at the Golden Nugget downtown old Las vegas. In the period of big Home Theater the Hilton located right next to the Convention center housed these exhibits.

When they tore down the Bi Level at the Sahara the CES High Performance Audio show moved to Alexis Park hotel. Around this time THE Show appeared at the hotel next door now called Rumor Boutique Hotel, back then it was called San Tropez.

Because of the increased competition THE Show placed upon the CES they decided to move the CES to where it resides now The Venetian, i think this happened in 2008. At this time THE Show moved to Alexis Park for a couple of years then onto the Flamingo.

Good Listening

Peter
CES in 2016 is a four day event, dates are January 6 through 9, a Wednesday through Saturday schedule, which is new.

Good Listening

Peter