System Help

Moved my system from 16 x 17 x 9 dedicated room to a dedicated 16 x 32 x 8 listening room. What once was a marvelous listening experience has turned into a diffuse, muffled, lifeless, boring system!

Speakers: Volent CL2i
Amps: ASL Cadenza
Pre: Allnic L1500 & Reference Line Preeminence 1A
2014 Mac Mini with Keces PS, SSD & maxed RAM

Any Suggestions? Can the room make that much of a difference?

Thanks
Ag insider logo xs@2xcommunique1
Many years ago after removing a 65" tv from between the speakers, it took MONTHS and MONTHS ... to get it to sound good again. The tv acts like a front wall reinforcement ... basically just had to re-position the speakers again.

I think your system should work in the new room so just keep tweaking speaker placement.
Yes, the room does make a difference. For better or worse, it is the most important component of any rig. Keep me posted & happy listening!
Sorry for having checked out from my post for a bit. Graduated from Seminary and finally getting some time. In regards to my DAC, its a Sonore DSD and quite wonderful.

The room is 15 X 27. I'm ordering OC 703 for first reflection locations and corners

Tried changing tubes from 845M to 845C. Worse...changed back!
Swampwalker,
I sit in equal triangle or a tad further.I move forward or backward and try to lock-in that magic distance. Volents don't need toe-in...very wide dispersion characteristics these ribbon tweeters have.

Overall...some music sounds incredible..except in the bass which continues to be very ill-defined...I hate it. But mid-bass on up is awesome. Though I am talking about tonality/timbre not so much soundstage accuracy.

In short, the more variety in the music I play the more I get confused. Things just popping in and out of the soundstage like I've never heard before.