Rat Shck Presidian 40-5053. Next Sonic Impact?

I just bought a pair. Supposedly a guy from the Connecticut Audio Society bought a pair for his video system and couldn't believe how good they are. He was floored.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2104336&cp
petewhitley

Opalchip, please let us know what kind of difference the upgrade makes. I was on the verge of buying the kit myself but in a rare moment of self-restraint I backed off, remembering how many pair of speakers I already have littering my basement. I did order one of the kits for the Minimus 7, though.
I'll post a follow up as soon as I finish them - my plan is to upgrade just one speaker first so that i can compare side by side.

I don't expect them to become world beaters, and it practically doubles the cost of the speakers which I was about to give to a friend in need, but I can't resist the fun of trying the mods.

If they can be used with our bedroom TV (where the baby has full access to pound and chew them) for a slightly better hearing of Live At Lincoln Center, Austin City Limits, etc., we'll be happy.
fwiw i wasn't informed of the subsequent price, but i do consider it to be more realistic.

nothing is going to transform these speakers into "world beaters," but they do become more neutral, detailed, and lively in the treble (without becoming harsh). they haven't seen the inside of the closet since being modded.

the cabinets do also need to be stuffed imho.
I got the upgrade kit for the Minimus 7 and installed it a couple of days ago. The improvement in the sound is dramatic, well worth the $20 cost of the kit and the half hour it takes to install the new crossover.

I've always liked the Minimus 7 because of it's very small size and construction. Litekey's kit turns it into a very respectable little speaker.

Be prepared for some head scratching over the included instructions but once you sort it out it's pretty straightforward.
sfar, as i stated above it was my own experience with the m-7 upgrade that led me to approach larry about the presidian. this speaker "bottom-feeder" upgrading/modding is just plain fun, especially while finances are temporarily lean.

QUESTION: could someone provide me a measurement (in millimeters) from the center of the stock presidian tweeter to the center of one of the fixing screws? i have already snipped off the phase plug thing to fit the new tweeters. thanks in advance.