Rank Stereophile, & why no Von Schweikert reviews

Why is it that Stereophile has no Von Schweikert reviews in there archives? Did Albert piss them off? How would you rank Stereophile magazine against their competitors such as The Absolute Sound and others. Who is your favorite? Thanks
wjb
Perhaps Von Schweikert doesn't offer its products to Stereophile for review because they fear they would fare badly in the measurements department. They wouldn't be the first.
both magazines have become parodies. the real meat is only in the letters to the editor. the rest is as predictible as tv guide.
Did you ever notice that there aren't negative reviews any more.The content of Stereophile and TAS is watered down and it appears as if they don't want to offend anyone.Had to let my subscriptions go-too bad!But I still keep up with audio through AudioGon-not as many biases.
I read that Von Schweikert speakers do not measure well. But sound wonderfull. That they design their speakers by ear to sounds wonderfull with real music. Not perfect audiophile flat response. Just what I heard...
Did you ever notice that there aren't negative reviews any more.

I used to think/say the same thing. But in reading the reviews, at least in the past year or two, I'd say there are certainly those that are luke warm and it's not very difficult to read between the lines. Just read a few of the reviews in the current Stereophile and there are some examples of this. I've been in this hobby since 85' and, though I've heard things I have not liked as much as others, I cannot recall hearing anything that would really push me to say to someone that some particular component is an outright piece of garbage...at least in the ranks of components that are mostly being reviewed in these rags. Most of the stuff being built today sounds pretty darn good, and it is more a matter of synergy with other components and then comparisons with competition. I don't think a component in the ranks of the high-end that actually really sounded horrible would have any chance of lasting very long in such a competitive market. I do recall reading a few reviews where the reviewer just didn't like what they were hearing, but indeed they are few and far between and often remedied somehow by further instructions from the manufacturer. But really, can you actually think of many high-end components that are so bad under most conditions that they'd actually warrant a really bad review? Nothing comes immediately to mind for me. Maybe I've been very lucky, or am just not discriminating enough. I certainly have my own personal preferences, some of them quite strong, but that still doesn't stop me from appreciating the merits of what other contenders have to offer where a specific component is concerned. I do wish there were a greater diversity in the reviews - some of this may indeed be the smaller manufacturers lack of initiative or perhaps desire to have get their stuff reviewed by the glossy rags. I dunno, but I would definitely not be loosing any sleep if I never saw another B&W speaker review, or Musical Fidelity article. There's so much great stuff out there that simply doesn't get any press. I think Dudley did an article within the past couple of years that thoughtfully addressed some of these very complaints and questions. Yet I'd still like to see more diversity, whatever the obstacles to be overcome. I think it should be the magazine's obligation to go and seek out some the more obscure manufacturers, especially those who've created a buzz on public forums like this one, the speakers in question being perhaps a good example, and not just respond only to those who approach them with products to review. I wonder how often this happens. I'm sure all these reviewers are barraged on a daily basis with manufacturers asking for their products to be reviewed. But there also must be a substantial number of manufacturers out there who don't have the savvy, initiative, time, confidence, don't show up at the big shows...whatever...that it takes to pursue that. I'm only guessing here. Do the reviewers actually go out after ANY of these components they're writing about, or do they all come to the reviewer, or show up at some show the reviewer attended? There are reviewers reading both here and on AudioAsylum...do they ever get a clue from those places that some specific component may be worthy of their attention and go and seek out that manufacturer for a review sample?

Marco