Has anyone tried the Coincident Dynamo 34SE

8 Watts of Single Ended EL34 from Israel Blume? Beautiful appearance, few reviews. What's your impression?
mikirob
I agree with Mikirob. The dynamo is a superb piece at its price. My tube rolling so far has been confined to rectifiers. I have tried a variety of 5AR4s, including NOS Mullard late 60's, but I prefer an early 60's GE 5U4 GB (pretty cheap tube) to all the 5AR4s I have tried. No rolling on the driver or output tubes yet.
As it burns in, the top end smoothes out as Mikirob stated.
I'm using the dynamo to drive 92dB efficient deCapos. No problems at all, especially with the 5U4GB which has better dynamics.
Brownsfan and Mikirob,
FWIW, TAS is supposed to be coming out with a review of the Dynamo 34SE in their February issue.
In the meantime, I wait for my Audio Note Kit 1 to be shipped tomorrow. :-)
I just got mine today, and I'm having a hell of a time with hum from the amp and through the speakers. Tried everything I can think of, but nothing seems to help. Headphone listening isn't possible due to the severity of the problem. It sounds like a great amp when it's turned up, but at lower levels the hum is really distracting. Have any of you come across this type of problem?

Thanks, Scott
Send Israel Blume an email or call him, he'll help you out. This is a uncommon complaint for this amplifier.
Smrex, I had some ground loop problems initially when I fed my coincident csl to the dynamo. I think Mikirob also had some issues at first. One of the reviewers had hum due to DC offset. That could also be an issue. Let us know what Israel says.