Which speakers?

I just went out and purchased the new Sony 60"SXRD television set. I am now looking to piece together a nice surround sound system to go with the set. I will use this for music,I listen to rock mostly,but listen to all kinds of music,it will aslo be used for dvd's and videogaming.My place is a small one bedroom apartment.The living room is about 18.5x 13. I already have the Anthem Statement D1 along with the Statement P5.I have the Denon 3910 for dvd player.Here is where I am lost.Speakers? I just want an excellent sounding system for music and dvd's.Can someone point me in the right direction as what to look at? Is there anything that I should stay away from? Thanks for your help.
brickyardz88f6
All I can tell you is stay away from "LIFE STYLE SPEAKERS"
Like Klipsch RSX series, B&W M1 any speakers with plastic on them. If you compare lets say the B&W M1's at $400 a pair to B&W DM 600 at $300 a pair in no way do the M1's sound better.
Try to get somthing with a wood or MDF like cabinet. Knock on the speaker cabinet if it rings stay away! IF you have a smaller room try to get the best quality two way speaker you can find. If you are on a budget (like most of us) buy one piece at a time you will be much happier in the long run.
Wish I could type faster I could give you more advice..
Good Luck..
krellm7

http://home.wideopenwest.com/~mvallely0812/
I second the Paradigm. It's probably a good synergy with your gear and will meet your needs.
Get some of you favorite music & play it (in two channel no sub rears or center) on all of the speakers. There is no such thing as a "home theater speaker" if a speaker can't play music it will not play movies! I do not know what a death star sounds like when it blows up but I do know what real music sounds like.