importance of phono cartridge

Is a cartridge more important to total system sonics than a turntable/tonearm, will a $1600 TT/tonearm with a high end cartridge sound better than a $5000 TT/tonearm with a average cartridge
dsremer
The direct answer to a direct question for me is that the more expensive TT/Tonearm with cheaper cartridge is going to be the better bet 9 times ot of 10. Not least because the cartridge has such a finite life, very finite if you have an accident. A turntable tonearm is an investment with a very long life. My view is that a new cartridge choice can be used for variety, to change the tonal balance, so I use 2 cartridges. My vinyl system:
Origin Live Resolution/Illustrious
Ortofon Kontrapunkt B or Koetsu rosewood Signature
Clearaudio Reference Phonostage
The basics are always the same, the vinyl playback system is a unit. Those who say that you lose information at source without a reference grade cartridge, ignore the fact, not conjecture, that the data will never get off the grooves if the cartridge is'nt held in a commensurate arm, on a well set up, isolated(Mana wall shelf), level, TT.
As Raul says, the name of the game is SINERGY, though we spell it SYNERGY in the UK. The perils of a common language
Dear David: Sorry about " sinergy ". But the english is not my native language.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Boy,am I sorry that my home computer got a virus 3 weeks ago.I'm relying on my business computers,now.Unfortunately I'm missing out on timely responses to threads like this one.I'm missing weeked interactions,which is my loss,and certainly nobody elses.

Just a few points:How long is the little Doug/Cello vs Raul "steel cage match" going to last?Though I do love a little extra flavor to the usual "straight laced" threads,and I must admit to really loving(platonically)you guys,maybe we can keep a scorecard on these interactions with the winner getting some kind of freebie LP's or something!I'm not completely innocent,here,as I more than occassionally plant little "ticklers" myself.

Nrchy,the advice given regarding putting the cable money where it will do the most good is correct.As to the umbilical issue.Remember that it is NOT a signal carrier.All you need is a good,but not overpriced,cable here,which is built better(almost anything is)than the stock one.The Purist cable,from arm to Phonostage is supposed to be the best that the hobby has to offer,though I don't have it,and wish I did.You may think about putting a bit less into the umbilical,as Purist will charge premium bucks,for it,and maybe consider the Venustas IC.As I understand it,the Dominus is very heavy,and although probably the finest available,will probably cost as much as the COSMOS did.

BTW--Any advice given by Nsgarsh,is usually very accurate!The guy is not obsessed,and knows his S--T!

Well time for me to go out and practice my serves!!BEST TO ALL!!
Dear Sirspeedy: Do you already receive my e-mails? If not here it is mine: [email protected]

I appreciate that you sen me a test e-mail with " regards ", for I can contact with you.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Raul,I responded to you on a thread,here.I got a virus in my home computer and must use my work units,which is hard,as they are always in use,for business!!I thought your E mail was a very nice gesture,and hope to answer soon.Best wishes.