Anyone listened to Aerial 9's?

These have been around awhile now, but have received little press here, and virtually none in audio publications. They seem to have the same or similar bass drivers as used in the 7b (except maybe with aluminum voice coils), and the same 7b, 8b, 10t, MB Quart tweeter, with a new 6 inch midrange driver. Efficiency is better than the 7b and 8b, at 90db, and power handling is rated higher, up to 500wpc. I like the idea of the front firing bass drivers for easier room integration, and I believe the port is on the bottom. Bass is said to be down 2db at 30hz. It seems the bass should be tighter and with more impact due to the multiple smaller drivers, if not quite as extended as in the 10t or 8b. All in all, it seems this should be a very user friendly speaker, with the same attributes as the earlier highly rated Aerial models. Any user feedback?
mitch2
I had the 9's and i thought they were great!!! I like the 20t's better but i still loved the 9's.
Hi Worldcat, thats good to hear. Mine get here tomorrow. I am comming off a pair of Alon Circe speakers that were great in many ways, and I hope the 9's do not make me think I made a mistake. I suspect I will give up a little in resolution compared to the Circe, for a speaker that integrates a little better with my room, the wider variety of music that I listen to, and my SS gear. The lack of reviews is interesting for a speaker that could be considered a reasonable priced replacement for the 10t.
I had the 9's for about one year replacing Snell XP-75 towers. I simply love these speakers combined with Aerial CC5 center. The 9's are very detailed in the highs and very tight low bass with great imaging.