Wilson Spikes

During a little confusion getting my Sophias shipped to me, the spikes were forgotten. This has sionce been resolved, but as a result of my inquiries I felt I needed to ask.

I was quoted for a set of replacement spikes - £350 - not dollars - pounds. I guess this is about $600 for eight spikes.

I read in my new edition of audiocandy that a set of spikes can be had for £3.95 - say $7.

What benefits does Wilson claim for these spikes? And was my local distributor just trying to take advantage of my difficult situation at the time?
dmurfet
Relax: it's only 63 euro/spike and, you know, these spikes are very special. The alloy used is proprietary, it's cryoed as well, and the cryo process is proprietary.
More importantly, the spikes are specifically and individually machined for each position on every speaker unit.

Which means of course, you'll have to try each spike in every position to ascertain which combination sounds best...

On a more serious note: you're joking, right?
Greg - I don't think he's joking! A set of three Goldmund cones (used) goes for never less than $250!
Nope, I'm not joking, thankfully, the dealer I bought them from had only forgotten them and forwarded them when I reminded him.

It does strike me as very steep though....
Since the spkr. is expensive, it follows that so will be the spikes. This is known as "banging the customer out". Generous amts. of KY help.