Which DAC? SFD-1 MKII/Bel Canto DAC1/MF A3.24

Hello all,

I am looking @ the following DAC options since they are all around the same price. I dont want to spend alot on a DAC. I am would like some opinions on which I should go for.

1. Sonic Frontiers SFD-1 MKII $650
2. Bel Canto DAC1
3. Musical Fidelity A3.24

I am leaning towards the SFD because I am a big Sonic Frontiers fan. What do you guys think?

Totem Rainmakers
Class CA-100
Sonic Frontiers SFl-1
kowrath
In addition to your existing options you might want to consider a non-upsampling filterless DAC like the Audio Mirror D1 for $499 new. I have heard the Bel Canto and while it is a fine piece of equipment I was not impressed with it versus others I tested in it's price range.
You may want to consider Bel Canto DAC2. Never heard the Audio Mirror or SF or Musical Fidelity. SF used to make good stuff. I don't know if that particular SF dac will better the current dacs in the price range though.
Clio, what other dacs in price range of Bel Canto did you listen to and thought they were better? And was it Bel Canto DAC1 or 2? Give us a hint, help Kowrath in his selection.
It was the Bel Canto 2. I also listened to the Shigaraki 4715. Both of these DACs are in the $1400 - $1500 range new. The Benchmark DAC 1 and MSB Nelson Link III, both $995 new. The Audio Note 1.1x and 2.1x ($2000 - $2750 new). Of all of these only the Audio Note 2.1x sounded superior to the Audio Mirror, and not by that much. The Audio Mirror was significantly better than the Bel Canto and MSB. Shigaraki was a disappointment (I was seduced by the design and was favoring it) but I think the Shigaraki sound is an acquired taste. Versus the Benchmark, I think it was just a preference for me that lead me to favor the Audio Mirror sound. At that point I was convinced a non-upsampling/oversampling and filterless DAC was the way to go. Otherwise I would have bought the Benchmark.

All in all the D1 just sounded right to me and had a very analog sound to it. Something I was looking for. Audio Note had it as well, but at 4 - 5x the price I could not justify them. So much so I bought a second one.