Single Driver Horn vs Multi driver efficient spker

I have delved into SET and have gone for multi driver speakers to single driver full range. They are OK, but lacking dynamics and punch. I have been told that GOOD(expensive) horns would do the trick, but I wonder if I should go back to an efficient Multi driver speaker, i.e. Coincident Total Victory. I know that SET and lots of drivers and crossovers are not the best, but I not over whelmed with the Single driver thing. I would appreciate your thoughts.
Thanks
Mike
128x128brm1
Gregm thanks for wetting my appetite. I had a good feeling about these speakers. Even though I've never heard them..they seem like an all around terrific design. A little bit of everything rolled into one speaker. That amplifier/ crossover does look complicated.Oh ummm I admit I'm a little lazy also when it comes to putting this stuff together. I think I would just pay someone to do it for me than deal with the headache myself.:-)
Great thread. For those of you in the LA area, many Hi-Eff fullrange driver speakers can be auditioned at the FREE Vacuum Tube Valley show in Pasadena on Nov 19/20th. Zu, Edgarhorn, Tonian Labs (fostex and Phy-Hp), Cain & Cain, the new compression drivers from Cogent. I'm really interested to hear some of the non-horn fullrangers from Zu, Tonian Labs and Cain. I had a chance to listen to a Tonian Labs speaker recently that have an 8" fostex driver (must be FE206 or FE207) supplemented by a ribbon supertweeter. Specs go to 42Hz. Enough bass for me, but not the visceral punch some might be seeking. Incredible speaker.
I'll be exhibiting there, with a 94 dB ballpark non-horn speaker.

See ya there, Marv!

Duke
Man... I wish I could go to this audio show. There's going to be a lot of great gear to listen too.I would love to hear the new battery powered tubed preamp by Welborne Labs.
Looks like I'll just have to find out how it sounds when I get it here and put together.
Hey Mikemarv, the Cain & Cain I-Bens being displayed at the VTV show are actually mine along with my Art Audio PX-25 amp. I think the dealer, Paul Lim of Imagine HiFi, will be using a single Bailey subwoofer(I use two). For preamplifier, he'll probably be using a Pass Labs X-2.5. I don't know the sources.

It will be interesting to see if it is possible to get halfway decent sound out of my speakers in a hotel room. And I've never tried a solid state preamp with the PX-25, so who knows how that will work.

BTW, I am a little nervous about lending out my speaks and amp - never done that before. But, people really need to see C&C's in person to appreciate the workmanship and quality. Hopefully, room acoustics will be friendly so it's possible to get a hint of their true potential.