Would you buy speakers with out first listening ?

I've never owned a pair of speakers that I have not listened to before hand...do you guys trust and buy on opinion? If so, have you experienced any great "let down".

Dave
sogood51
I've bought two pairs w/out listening first but I did a huge amount of research first. Both have proven to be excellent, though sonically different, speakers. Neither had a lot of raves from the crowd and both were by small makers. Probably just lucky. :-)
Where I live, there is no way but to buy speakers without listening to them. There are not really any hi-end dealers here in Montgomery, AL.

BTW, is there is anyone else who dislikes the city/town they live in? I can't stand this town, but can't move.
I've purchased four different speakers without first listening to them -- all four were excellent, only sold them to try new and different speakers / system configurations.
I would recommend a good amount of research before you purchase speakers.
Twice, and happy both times. Some types are not available in stores.

This can save you a lot of money. If it's a mail-order deal, make sure you know whether crating/shipping is covered your way. My last pair had these included and the total out if I didn't like them would have been $80.

I know another guy that was out almost $300 when he had to ship his back.
I've only heard one of the four pairs of speakers that have bought in the past. I have liked every one of my purchases, with no regrets. After time, you kind of develop a knack for reading "between the lines" of reviews and feedback, whether professional or not, to determine if certain speakers will work for you.