Full range speakers with small footprint?

I've decided to sell my Vandersteen 2Ce's because they are too big (or visually imposing) for my living room and my planned dedicated listening room is not going to happen very soon. Can anyone recommend a floor standing speaker with a smaller footprint that is capable of producing some bass? They would be driven by Quicksilver amps, 60 wpc.

Thanks for your ideas, Jeff.
jrb25
At 2500, a pair of used Merlin VSMs of a bit older vintage should be easily attainable and after talking to Bobby at Merlin, you can home in a model that can be upgraded to current or near current status when you have the $$. You will get an easy to drive, high resolution product that matches up very well with 60-80 tube watts.
Wow, thanks for all the suggestions, lots I never even considered. Of all the speakers mentioned, the only ones I have actually listened to are Meadowlark and Totem. I did enjoy the Meadowlark sound. Has anyone heard the Osprey? Out of my budget, but with some persuasion and a credit card it could happen. Jeff.
I think Swampwalker nailed it with the Merlins. An exceptionally fine speaker, with a small footprint, that will go a lot lower than most people would expect.
Third vote for a pair of Merlin VSM. Within that price, and with some good shopping, you should be able to find a pair of VSM-SE studio black.
Small footprint, good depth of bass (-4.5 dB at 30Hz), easy to drive, and customer support second to none in my experience (even when purchased used!).