Your ''best kept secret'' speaker choice ?

Some manufacturers have the financial means to plaster magazines with ads. For other, they are still at the word-of-mouth stage, and many will not get past this line.

I was wondering what less-than-well-known, or obscure speaker out there stand out as particularly gifted both in sonics and value ? Could be in any price category....
sonicbeauty
Have to agree 100% on the Green Mountain Europa's. Have had mine for a few months and they just keep sounding better and better. These babies are the real deal. Sounding more like real music than most anything I have heard. If you haven't heard them, do yourself a favor and audition them. Once you do, you'll be on-board the Europa bandwagon, i'm sure.
Spendor SC3 center channel (88dB MTM versions of the S3) turned sideways used as a stereo pair! Why the hell doesn't Spendor wise up and market these thjis way?!
They may be wide but you can still find used pairs between $200-500, and you will be hard-pressed to find better sounding new speakers today for under $3000.
Most obscure, but very impressive, speakers that I have heard are Induction Dynamics. However, as good as they are, at their price point, I still feel that they can be bested by more well known names (such as Thiel, of whom I am a big fan).

A name that is not so obscure, but which I hadn't heard until recently is ProAc. I just heard a pair of their Tablette Reference 8's, and just could not believe that speakers that small could sound so good, or that I could find such warmth and detail in the same package. Even though I wasn't really in the market for a pair of small speakers, I ended up ordering a pair of the Tablette Reference 8 Signatures on the spot. And again, as a Thiel fan, that is saying a lot! Of course, Thiel doesn't offer anything as small as the little ProAcs (they are much smaller than even the SCS3's).

Tom.
Quad L-Series --- too much press in Britain not any in North America. These briallantly finished beautiful very revealing speakers with a gorgeous midrange - just seem ignored. Competitive far beyond their price point - WAF is very very high :) And I love my 21Ls in Piano Black to pieces :)

Anyone considering B&W or Paradigm in the same pricepoint as the Quad's should get their head checked.