Jadis Eurythmie - Anyone ever listen to them?

Has anyone ever had the chance to own or spend time listening to Jadis Eurythmie speakers? Any thoughts/opinions? All commentary appreciated. Thanks, Travis
t_bone
Atrahern, thanks for the kind words, though as much as I would love to be able to say that the combined sonics and beauty were such that I had to have them at any price, alas it would not be the case - I'm cheap. Though your comment brings up an interesting coincidence... I heard Avantgarde Duos and discovered what horns could be but dismissed them because of the price, and a year later, I found these for sale at a much lower price. I could say that it was the Duos that put me on to horns and I got these when I was "financially able to take the plunge."

Danaudio1, I can relate. Though I try to keep it down in the evening so that the neighbors cannot defend the practice of their daughter to play rap at 3am.

Arthur, I have not heard the DA88s. I simply don't get out much as of late to hear what is on offer. In the past, I have heard a DA-something but don't know recall which one, and the Jadis Orchestra, which I thought was great bang for buck. I have heard the 300Bs, the 845s, and some of the larger push-pull amps over the past few years and have been impressed with each though obviously they are far from interchangeable. I have the JP80 pre which I also bought used a few years ago. I love it to death - not the quietest pre-amp in the first place (though in the last few months it sounds like it some of the caps may be showing their age) but it seems to show up other "more transparent" pres on a regular basis... I do not know if I will go down the road of Jadis amplification. My gut says that bi-amplification (or more?) may get the best out of the speakers but am unsure as to how I would want to go about this.
The answer: a hair more than the current average asking price of a pair of Avantgarde Duos with subs in the U.S. Whether that qualifies them (or me) as "cheap" is more about context.
The context: 1) Every other pair (save one) that I have seen for sale, before or since, anywhere in the world, has been offered at 60-120% more than what I paid. The sole exception was more like 30-40% more. 2) I ran into my pair at a used equipment dealer, who had bought them from another dealer (whom I also know), who had beeen trying to sell them for almost two years; this dealer had bought them from a person who had bought them new in 1996 (at the same time he bought an all-Jadis set-up from another dealer I know). Japanese home design does not generally allow use of speakers like this, so any dealer who buys them in Japan is going to have to buy them cheap because they are not going to be able to get rid of them easily, even if they took a zero off the end of the price. Neither the dealer who bought them from their customer nor the dealer from whom I bought them had the space to actually set them up as required.
T bone,you clearly have a good ear,and particularly good perceptions of those things "musical",which can enrich every day living.Best of luck with your "heirloom" quality system!BTW-I find it hard to believe you are fairly new to this hobby!!
Thank you for the kind words sirspeedy. Music is definitely something which can enrich one's life on a daily basis - I wish I had more time to listen! I actually hadn't updated my system description for almost 5yrs so took the opportunity presented in thinking about and responding to this post. I will try to update the commentary and add pictures as I get the time.