Hegel H300

Anyone familiar with this integrated amp or had a chance to hear it at the RMAF this year?

I would be very interested in any comments.

Thanks,
Banyon100
Ag insider logo xs@2xbanyon100
IMO, the CODA CSIb is a superior integrated compared to the Hegel H-300 for under $10K. Cost is $5800.00 and is better built than the Hegel and far more powerful. Much larger transformer and power output. Puts out 330 watts into 8ohms and 660 watts into 4ohms. Peaks at 150 amperes per channel. Much better build quality and a superior remote control. The Hegel has average quality RCA inputs you would find on the back of a A/V receiver. The CODA has heavy duty tiffany RCA inputs which are much better quality. Also, the Coda runs cooler and the top cover is solid so you don't have to worry about dust getting under the hood and onto the boards and chassis floor. And the CODA engineers have a more distinguished resume going back thirty years over Hegel.
Audiozen, I have to respectfully ask whether you have had the opportunity to audition both the CODA and the Hegel amps? From your post it appears as though you may be reaching a conclusion on which is better based upon research alone.
not once did you mention listening to either Integ Amp.
Your basis appeaars to be based on specs, has anyone mano mano these superior products
Audiozen, I have no dog in this fight other than that I own a Hegel H300 but I have to ask, do you work for Coda or something? Your posts seem overly bias towards Coda. As I have not heard the Coda side by side with the Hegel I can't comment but I do find your build quality comments pretty funny as the H300 is a very well built, excellent sounding unit. In the time I have it, it has performed flawlessly.