Best Tube Amp under 10K?

Having every audio dealer in town recommend their line as "the best unless you want to spend $25K" and buy a ..." is frustrating. Well, like most of us, I can't spend $25K on amps ... but I am curious to know what others consider their "final" amp upgrade under $10K. My listening tastes are wide ranging but will mostly include SACD jazz and classical. I do not have a turntable ... yet. And I ususally play at low to moderate volumes only (the wife factor)-- speakers are reasonably efficient 91DB KEF Ref 4's that I hope to upgrade.
lornecherry
Well 6 years later and I have owned a few of the amps mentioned, such as CJ 5's and 8's--A Defy7 mk4 and the Aeries 845g--and have moved past these. I just think it's hard to find good tubes and pricy as well. SO I moved to the SS arena.--Not to mention my stuff is on, to many hours and I use up the tubes quicker than most.
I had and loved the Belles 350a ref;till it failed and I now have the CJ 350 coming this week.---Opps, seems like I am now in the wrong thread as a ss owner.
Belles 350-Reference $4000 I sold BAT products and had the VK-150se monoblocks $18k. A single 350-A (older technology) outperformed the BAT amps in all respects but most notably with solid bass that the Tubes couldn't touch. The character of the Belles is so natural sounding as to seem tube like with a easy lelaxed sound that is tonally perfect. Put a great power cord on one and they are over the top. Every reveiwer who has had his hands on one has remarked that the bass detail and accuracy is the best of any amp at any price. Use wire like you would with $30k amps, they warrant it.
yes, the belles is a great amp, until it destroys your speakers.

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1172630574&read&keyw&zzbelles

i owned one, and thought the sonics were terrific, but the build quality was suspect. that's why i dont own it any longer.
I prefer EAR 890 one of the best tube amps in that price rage for sure go out and listen to one you'll be unsurprised.