Best Tube Amp under 10K?

Having every audio dealer in town recommend their line as "the best unless you want to spend $25K" and buy a ..." is frustrating. Well, like most of us, I can't spend $25K on amps ... but I am curious to know what others consider their "final" amp upgrade under $10K. My listening tastes are wide ranging but will mostly include SACD jazz and classical. I do not have a turntable ... yet. And I ususally play at low to moderate volumes only (the wife factor)-- speakers are reasonably efficient 91DB KEF Ref 4's that I hope to upgrade.
lornecherry
I have read alot about the McINTOSH MC2000 Amplifier Most peaple that own one, say they would never sell it? Maybe worth a listen.
Good Luck
Ok; There ain't no such thing as "best" amp-or speakers."Best" for me, might not be "best" for you. There are a lot of contenders in solid state; same for tubes. Not sure if we can use, "used" prices.For tubes; I would like to mention Vac 70/70---Way under;used.-Way over new. No,don't own one yet. Then there is Walcott; Different type of speakers, require different power.Then there are a # of great solidstate amps. Many speakers "demand" solidstate.So I think it is the "right" duo working together.
Tough question. Tube amps are different enough that you really have to buy according to your tastes. Some of my favorites are: vt100m2 (which I own)(transparent, full sounding and very natural), BAT 150SE's (even more transparent with amazing precision (I guess the 75s would hit the 10K mark)), and Conrad-Johnson mv-55 (the midrange window is to die for). All very different in presentation.
Although I myself haven't jumped on the tube wagon yet, a friend of mine who works for a speaker manufacturer and who has written numerous equipment reviews considers Art Audio amps to be among the best he's heard. I mention this because as a reviewer he's been in a position to hear just about everything out there. I think their top level amp is in the $6k to $7k range. As others have said, it's still a personal taste and equipment/room interaction thing so the final decision is up to your ears. Best of luck.

Tim