Current limit onset definition?

My Spectral DMA 180 indicates in specs that Current Limit Onset is 40 amps. It also says peak current 60 amps. Anyone know what this means?
ptss
01-05-15: Ack
The "6" is indeed an "8" - 8A.... Newer amps have 5A fuses.
Thanks for the info, Ack. It seems that the specs at the Spectral site for fuse ratings have not been done very carefully. In addition to the discrepancy regarding the DMA-180, the ratings listed in the specs for all four of the currently produced amplifiers (2.5 amps for three models, 5 amps for the other, for 120 volt operation) would in every case not allow as much power into the amplifier as it is rated to output continuously into a 2 ohm load. And likewise for a 4 ohm load for two of the four amplifiers, with zero provision for internal power consumption or margin in one of the other two cases. (In saying this I'm assuming that the output power ratings for the stereo amplifiers are per channel, although that is not explicitly stated). Also, the top of the line DMA-400 monoblock is described as having two 5 amp AC line fuses, when the picture clearly shows only one fuse being provided (as can be expected).
01-06-15: Atmasphere
The current rating is the amount of current that flows when the power supply is shorted out for 10 milliseconds.... But we are not talking about anything to do with the output; simply the power supply itself.
Ralph (Atmasphere), thanks for your comments also. As a point of information, all of the peak current specs Spectral provides at their site for the recent models as well as for the DMA-180 are described as "peak **output** current" [emphasis added]. So I would have to assume that **if** their wording is accurate those specs are based on the short we have referred to being applied to the output of the amplifier, rather than to the output of the power supply. The numbers, btw, are 60 amps in each of those cases, except for the DMA-400 monoblock which is 90 amps.

Best regards,
-- Al
Ack, confused, there are no newer DMA180's that I'm aware of.
What do you mean?
Atma, did you mean 40? or 60?
I appreciate you have genuine knowledge on these things.
01-07-15: Ptss
Ack, confused, there are no newer DMA180's that I'm aware of. What do you mean?
He means newer models having different model numbers (DMA-200S, DMA-260, DMA-300, DMA-400). Although as I indicated in my previous post the first three of those models are specified at the Spectral site (perhaps incorrectly) as having 2.5 amp fuses for each channel, for 120 volt operation.

Regards,
-- Al