SONIC FRONTIERS LINE 3...TUBES & CAPS upgrade

Hi guys
I have my first tube preamp in my room and was wondering what tubes (crucial area only) and caps you have tried...also where you got them from..
I have been in touch with Chris Johnson of Parts Express on his super duper upgrade as he is a hour away from work but im in Canada and he wants to charge $60/hr and taxes in USD... Not gonna fly in my house.. besides I have my own tech.
He uses V caps ($$$$) but was curious about Mundorf maybe or????
Also what tubes you found that were smooth..
Not sure all the sources for these items.
I use Mark levinson ml series amps with my awesome ATC super mids and SS 7100 tweeter and have a fully recapped KRELL FPB 600 running all my lows..
Any experiences and help appreciated. ...
Thanks
mclsound
Probably close to 8hrs for everything=$650 Canadian. .
I believe that its illegal to charge labour and taxes in Canada in USD..makes no sense..
I have my own tech so no worries.
I opened it up finally and found that 2 tube rings are fully melted to the tube..cant even get it off. ...
The umbilical cord sheathing is all coming apart and some was wrapped in electical tape...
The PS lid is scratched up..
Sold as a 9/10 and upgraded (like 14yrs ago) and unfortunately I picked it up in a snow storm so I never got to look it over..more like a 6-7/10
I would say all tubes need replaced for sure..probably original
Any who..
Need tube recommendations
Not sure I need v caps for $800
Thanks
Before you spend any money on upgrades and modifications, I would suggest using the SF L3 in stock form to determine if like the sound of the unit.

I owned a SF L3 many years ago and chased the "upgrade" path only to conclude that that I could not make a silk purse out of a pig's ear. I liked the build and ergonomics, but the sound was totally uninvolving.

I rolled Valvo (SF recommendation), Amperex 7308, and Siemens 6922 PQ with marginal improvements.

The SF is a very complex pre amp, therefore, making it very difficult and expensive to work on. Since Part Connexion has a lot of experience with SF products, they may be able to perform the modifications more efficiently, thus resulting in a lower cost.

PS - Parts Connexions prices are quoted in USD, but they convert the price to CDN dollars at time of billing.
Labour and taxes in USD??? Not going to have any part of that..
Besides if my tech is good enough for Krell and Esoteric then hes got my OK on this unit...but...you may be right as im not satisfied with the sellers decorum. . I will however look into the mod a tad bit more.
Post removed 
If Chris is just one hour away, you are the lucky 0.001% of the world population to be that close. You can deliver and pickup your preamp and Chris can do something extra to upgrade your Line 3 to another level. The cost should be very worth it.