Tube Curious - Preamp Suggestions

I'm considering replacing my SS preamp (Parasound JC2) with a tube preamp. I enjoy my system but it leans a bit towards the analytical side. I'm looking for a more musical presentation.

The ARC Ref 3 has piqued my interest and is within my budget. Any opinions on how my system may change (for better or worse)?

System:
Pro-Ject RM10.1
Sonos Music Streamer
Oppo Universal disc
Bryston BDA-1 DAC
ARC PH8 Phono preamp
Parasound JC2 preamp
Bel Canto Ref 1000 Monos (to be replaced with Pass Labs XA60.5)
B&W 804D
SVS Sub
speedevil
BAT preamps are definitely not analytical. Maybe not as lush as Cary, but add a good amount of the tube "magic"

Canary is another worth looking at in that price range
Appreciate the feedback. I'll look into the other preamps.

Mapman - When you say you use the sp16 with the same amps, are you referring to the Bel Canto's or Pass Labs?
Speedevil,
Tough to answer as none of us know how you hear music and sound. But in the spirit of your question and objective I'd give Shindo serious consideration more so than ARC. You'll need to pay attention to the tube preamp's output impedance however to match your SS amplifier input impedance.
Good luck,
Charles,
I actually think ARC would be a great place to start. Shindo, CJ, etc. are great pres, but given your current system as your sonic reference they may make a fairly drastic change that might risk going too far in the other direction. My guess is adding an ARC pre may add a nice dose of musicality that may have you rethinking the amp purchase, which could end up saving you $$$ in both equipment expense and your electric bill. I've heard the Bel Canto amps sounding awfully good in several different systems. I think VAC is another good pre to consider but would likely sound perhaps a touch softer, lush, or more "tubey" than ARC, which may or may not be a good thing.

My only caution is that there have been some reports of some ARC preamps possibly being damaged by being paired with certain non-ARC amps (can't remember specifics but it was a thread here within the past year or so). Just something to explore further if you go this route.

My last thought is that I don't see a power conditioner listed in your equipment list. If you don't have one that could also yield significant improvements in removing grunge that could be affecting the overall musicality of your system, especially since you're running "digital" amps that tend to benefit from power conditioning. I'll also throw in a strong recommendation for dedicated lines. It never ends. Best of luck and please keep us posted in whatever you decide.