Stereophile's refusal to review more low

I have read countless letters to the editor pleading for more reviews of real world priced equipment. So far they have not responded in any meaningfull way. I wonder why they continue to run these letters if they are so focused on the mega buck stuff. What do you think ?
stokjoc
Remember Stereo Review and Audio? They specialized in lo-fi and mid-fi and where are they now? While most of us can not afford the equipment reviewed by S-Phile some of us can buy that same equipment when it becomes used and depreciated which makes those reviews somewhat helpful looking back.
Hi Paul, please accept my apology if I have offended you. I might have been a bit too passionate there, but all of my comments were not specifically directed at you. Michael Fremer's post here reminds me of a scene from, I think it was Annie Hall, where some obnoxious, cynical, know it all is on line at a movie theater loudly pontificating his interpretation of a book, and after a minute of listening to his rant, the author who just happens to be on line behind him says something like "you don't understand a thing about my book". I think he is being straight with everyone here, and that we should believe what he has to say. Just to be clear, I didn't say agree with him, just believe that he is telling it as it is. I had a subscription to Stereophile over 12 years ago, can't remember exactly, and let it lapse. About 6 years ago I started reading it again and subscribed. I have read so many interesting letters and articles that increase my knowledge of things that I don't have time to explore personally. If it was no longer available I would miss the experience of sitting down for an hour and a half and speeding through a new issue, then slowly reading it in detail over the next few weeks. I am only too happy to know that equipment that I hope to own is being reviewed. Jcd, makes a good point. I am looking forward to a future Audiogon purchase of a high end multi-channel amp that has been reviewed in Stereophile and is for sale at a good price here at Audiogon. I know a good deal when I see one, and Stereophile is one of them.
The following website www.high-endaudio.com has an extensive section discussing problems with audio equipment reviews. Although I do not have the time, or inclination, to thoroughly examine the author findings, he certainly brings up many interesting points. Perhaps someone here would care to comment on this authors opinions in a civil manner. God bless.
Wellfed: there is a recent thread on high-endaudio. Copy: http://audiogo5.iserver.net/cgi-bin/fr.pl?htech&991207172&read&keyw&zzsalvatore If that fails, try a "Salvatore" search.

Cheers!
i enjoy reading rags like s'phile. i enjoy reviewers like mikey fremer. i *also* enjoy arthur salvatore's website, especially his comments about rags like s'phile. i also enjoy www's like a-gon. how do i reconcile it all? easy - i have a brain, & make decisions based upon *all* inputs. it's the best i can do.

regards to all, doug s.

ps - mikey, i *love* ya, man, but i tink arthur has ya! ;~)