buyers/sellers that DEFAULT on contract

Anybody ever had a buyer or seller DEFAULT on a deal/contract? What did you do? I recently had a DEAL/Contract (I have ALL the threads) and the seller defaulted. I plan on filing a small claims lawsuit, (pro se), against him. Any other suggestions to remedy these situations, when they happen? (I'm sure there are some lawyers among us audiophiles!) Share your similar experiences?
Happy Listening!
soundsgr8tome
Bill, You need to let Audiogon know. It's your responsibility. They can't be everywhere, but they can be where you point them. Go for it and good luck!
Don't look to A'gone for help. This type of person is good at what he does. I had a buyer say ship;"Postal cod" / I did, he paid with "bad" check. I'm still holding a bum piece of paper/ he has my cables/ he still posts to threads here. However he explained it to A-gone / all they said to me was "work it out".
Hmmmm, I've also had deals fall apart. In fact one of the "high n mighty" posters IN THIS THREAD wrote an e-mail saying "I definately want these cables, tell me how much shipping will be to ... and I will have a check ready." I sent the shipping amount and got back something like "It turns out that I can't afford the cables at this time."

It's all about ethics. I have even followed through with deals several times even though I changed plans and no longer needed the item. I just resold the items here, sometimes for a profit, sometimes at a loss.

If you look at the seller's and poster's "handles", you will see that this is a relatively small community and lots of items make the rounds. Think twice before you cheat or break your word with someone. What comes around...
Metaphysics, I know EXACTLY what you mean, lately I have had several "confirmed" buyers, who said money order was going to be sent, addresses exchanged, one guy had me waiting at my house for 3 hrs so he could pick up in person the cables I "sold" him, and each changed his mind! Because each had the courtesy to call me and let me know what had happened, I have forgiven and forgotten, without negative feedback or angry retorts. As for myself, I have followed through each time I confirmed a deal w/a seller, whether or not I subsequently wished I could have changed my mind! I will not do that to someone, but others feel it's fair. I'm not sure I would say that it's unethical to back out when you've verbally or in email agreed to purchase, but it is unfair and inconsiderate. Someone with buyer's remorse can always resell on this or other sites. Someone else said, and I agree, that cable sales seem to be "flake magnets." I've had two confirmed buyers call later to say, oops, they are not long enough, or they are too long! Can't you measure before you tell me you want them? Sheeeshhh.
Somewhat Perturbed Sarah
Hi Angela,

I would post negatively if I still had the email address. I had really mixed feelings about this man for a long time. You're right to notify Audiogon. He didn't hurt anyone. But, he's aggravated me. THAT'S CERTAINLY NO CRIME! In fact, there are many who might send him some money if they knew that. Probably my family included.

If I can resurrect the email, I'll post.

Best wishes,

Bill E.