UPS or should I Say Oooops

I had quite an experience in sending back a damaged amp which was sent to me via UPS back to the distributor via UPS. I went to the customer counter and even tho I added a 2nd box to the amp they would not take the amp w/o the orig box.

My question, has anyone here had a UPS damage claim paid when the item wasnt shipped in the orig manufact box?
128x128justlisten
Yes, they will pay out if the unit is not in the original box. The damage has to be quite obvious though and packing would have had to have been MORE than up to their standards in the first place though. In other words, been there / done that..... Sean
>
I have shipped via UPS with no box. UPS offers a packaging service. They wrap the piece in plastic, put it in a box, and blow in that expanding foam to lock the item in place. It is not expensive, I think no more than $15. It seems to me they would have a hard time denying your claim if they did the packing. Of course, you have access to a full service UPS center.
I meant, "of course, you have to have access". Hey Audiogon, How about a message editor?????
UPS pays all the time with or without 'manufacture' box. I purchase items on ebay on a regular basis. About 25% arrive damaged. This in spite of the fact I have shipper's put a "Electronic Equipment, Useless if Dropped" label on the box and I require the shipper to meed UPS standands. Generally, UPS takes anything, no questions asked. I have Fedex ground to be no better. UPS does pay the shipper the claim and I lose only my time. I'll check into the UPS packing service.