Hockey Pucks under amp?

Anyone tried it? It was suggested by the service center for my ss amp. I am awaiting arrival of my amp, and will try it next week.
blbloom
I have a PSE Studio II power amp that I bought used on ebay. When I first took it out of the shipping box, I was impressed with its sturdy feet... I'm not a hockey fan, but when I turned the chassis upside down and saw the Philadelphia Flyers logo on the bottom of one of the feet, that made it pretty clear I was staring at hockey pucks. I can't say much about how they affect sound quality, but they do provide a solid base. I use the amp to drive the passive subwoofer in my home theatre system. The amp, which is a nice looking unit with oak side panels, sits on top of the equipment rack. Probably only hockey fan would recognize the feet as pucks.
I tried the hockey pucks under my amp but it just encouraged more high sticking in the living room and lead too more penalties. You should try listening with a goalie mask on, it just seems to tighten everything up. Go Canucks!
On the strength of this thread I tried some, but took em back. They're not as good as roller blade wheels.
Remember that hockey pucks should be cryogenically treated (i.e., frozen) before use. This is why the used ones always sound better.
I got some nice heavy tool steel blocks from the tool and die department at work, works great too.