The partner or wife factor

Most of us don't live alone. We have to contend with the people, we share our living space with. This can be a huge asset to our hobby, sometimes a detriment. Sometimes, listening with a loved one can deepen our involvement with the music and shared hobbies are a source of joy through the years, sometimes the hobby can be a continual source of bickering and trigger resentment and,in a worst case setting, separation either from the system or from the partner. I personally, in my long life, have both met with intelligent support for, but also viscious resentment of my gear, as systems and partners changed.( Systems more than parners) The shortest episode, hilarious actually, was when a ladyfriend , led by me proudly to the listening area , shrieked "electrosmog....!!" You can rest assured, she didn't stay very long. What about your experiences? Joyful, painful, helpful, destructive, funny or amorous ones? Very curious....
detlof
Very Funny Detlof!! I've never heard the term "ElectroSmog" before. My wife has finally come to understand that audio is a very big part of my makeup and serves as a balancing ingredient to my overall mood. Although she doesn't share the same enthusiasim as I do she does prefer to hear her music on my system instead of hers. She understands that my hobby can be costly most of the time but trusts that I won't
strain our overall budget with irresponible purchases. She mayget a little upset when I get a little loud but other than that, it's my world as long as it's in the basement.
When I first met my wife, she was helping move myself and a mutual friend into a new apartment. She was present for the ritualistic unboxing of the 'system' and laughed at my neurotic nature. Later on she realized the difference that good equipment makes. She refuses to become 'involved' in the hobby but hears and comments on changes in the system. She actually was the one that purchased our latest pair of speakers ... CDM-1se. As far as tolerance of the 'system' the only request she has ever made is that I make it fairly easy for her to play an album and she not see wires all over the living room. She feigns protest to upgrades, but readily comments on the improvements that she hears. Now all I need to do is talk her into that projector ...
Good String Here! I have had many partners, only two regular ones. One that hated all the "electrosmog" & one that was happy that I was happy. The latter being the best to live with. As for now, I visit parners enviroments, & then return home to the deticated listening room for "brain-cleaning" & solitude. This lifestyle seems to best for all parties. If I have a bad hair day, I just turn off the system & close the door & go crusing in my sportscar.